Selecting a Property
- Search and select Property via internet www.realestate.com.au or other advertised source.
- Drive-by the Property for location suitability.
- Contact us to arrange an appointment to inspect the Property or book this online.
- We’ll meet you on-site, at the Property at the appointed time.
- If you are not able to keep the appointment, please contact our office in advance.
- A copy of the General Tenancy Agreement and any Special Terms will be available for your review.
Please ensure the application form has been fully completed in, signed, dated and all supporting information provided. If an incomplete application is submitted, you will receive an application receipt or phone call outlining any remaining documents that are required to be submitted. Please note that we cannot start processing the application until the missing items are provided. Please provide any missing documents within two days, to ensure your application is considered.
The processing of an application will take between 5 t0 24 hours. Whilst processing an application we will confirm with the appropriate contacts the following details:
- Rental history/living arrangements
- Employment references
- Checks of defaulting tenancy databases
Once the processing of the application has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email or phone call advising that the application is now with the property manager.
Presenting an Application
Once the processing of an application has been completed, it will be forwarded to the owner for consideration. The owner makes a final decision regarding which application is approved. It may take up to 48 hours to obtain a decision from the owner. Please note, the owner is not required to provide a reason for their decision.
Notification of Decision
Once a decision by the owner is received, all applicants will be notified by email or phone call of the result of their application, regardless whether the application was successful or unsuccessful. If successful, then a part payment towards bond, equivalent to 2 weeks rent, is required within 24 hours of notification of approval. An ‘Application Approved’ letter will be emailed to the successful applicant with banking details and a copy of the ‘General Tenancy Agreement’ attached for review.
If you wish to withdraw your application, please contact our office as soon as possible.
Ensuring a Swift Decision
- Provide a comprehensive application that is signed and dated
- Provide all identification required
- Provide all pay slips and proof of income as required
- Provide a copy of the ‘Tenant Ledger’ from your previous managing agent
- Encourage references to respond quickly to our requests
- Proved any missing information as quickly as possible
Becoming a Tenant
Templeton’s property experts are qualified and experienced professionals who live and breathe property throughout Brisbane. We’ve honed our skills over decades of valuing, buying and managing residential properties and as consultants to leading Australian banks and government bodies.